• Keep service within 150’ of your home and centrally located on your building site if you plan on future projects, machine sheds, out buildings, etc.
• Keep in mind the service needs to be accessible by our maintenance crews for future maintenance, power outages, equipment failure, etc.
• It is best to give the electrical service and septic tank/drain fields as much distance apart as possible.
• Make a plan where your water well and any buried water lines will be located.
• It is best if water lines and electric power lines can avoid crossing each other especially when the power line is buried underground. The water well may be installed near the electrical service location so power can easily be run to the well. Plan for at least 20’ of separation between power lines (both overhead and underground) and the electrical service to the water well location.